www射-国产免费一级-欧美福利-亚洲成人福利-成人一区在线观看-亚州成人

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
China
Home / China / Society

Quake a blow to tourism workers

By HUANG ZHILING | China Daily | Updated: 2017-08-12 06:45
Share
Share - WeChat

Earthquake victims rest in tents in Jiuzhaigou on Thursday. All those in need have received shelter. ZHANG LANG/CHINA NEWS SERVICE

While mourning the dead and tending to the injured continues after this week's magnitude 7.0 earthquake in Sichuan province, authorities are saying that the area's scenic wonders and the local economy also are victims of the natural disaster, centered in scenic Jiuzhaigou.

Twenty-four people died as a result of the Tuesday night earthquake and 493 people were injured, including about 45 seriously wounded, provincial government officials said on Friday.

Two days later, the famous Nuorilang Waterfalls in Jiuzhaigou collapsed.

Nuorilang, with a height of 24.5 meters and width of 270 meters, was China's widest waterfall and also was chosen by netizens as one of China's most spectacular. Jiuzhaigou Valley is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Li Lin, a guide in the Jiuzhaigou area, said he realized how bad the quake was when he heard that a young couple from Wuhan, Hubei province, were crushed by falling stones.

"The Wenchuan earthquake (also in Sichuan, in 2008) did not wreak havoc here. But this time, many people will remember the tragedy of the couple and cringe at the thought of visiting Jiuzhaigou," said Li, a middle-aged guide who has worked in Jiuzhaigou for 12 years.

As the couple from Wuhan were approaching a hotel in the area, falling rocks smashed their car. The wife died instantly and the husband managed to push their daughter, a sixth-grader, out of a window before he died, local media reported.

On Wednesday, the management committee of Jiuzhaigou announced it would temporarily close the scenic spot. By Friday, all 61,500 tourists in Jiuzhaigou had left for home, officials said.

"The earthquake is a heavy blow to Sichuan tourism since tourists won't come to Jiuzhaigou this year," said an official from the Sichuan Provincial Tourism Development Commission who asked not to be named.

It will take time for tourism to rebound, as in the case of the Wenchuan earthquake, which killed over 80,000, he said. "After the Wenchuan earthquake, fewer tourists visited Sichuan in the latter half of 2008. But as people forgot the quake the next year, the number of tourists gradually rose."

During the seven-day National Day holiday running from Oct 1 to 7 last year, Jiuzhaigou was so packed with tourists each day that its administrative committee had to limit the number entering the scenic spot.

In 2016, Sichuan's tourism earnings surpassed 770 billion yuan ($115.5 billion), more than 800 million yuan of which came from Jiuzhaigou, according to the Sichuan tourism commission.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
 
主站蜘蛛池模板: 萌白酱喷水福利视频在线 | 一区二区三区免费视频观看 | www.av免费| 国产第一页在线观看 | 亚洲免费观看网站 | 综合久久一区二区三区 | 免费看一级 | 日韩一级欧美一级毛片在线 | 国产成人99精品免费观看 | 亚洲第一成年网站大全亚洲 | 国产第一区二区三区在线观看 | 久久99久久99 | 国内主播福利视频在线观看 | 亚洲国产精久久久久久久 | 国产高清美女一级a毛片久久w | 九九九九九九 | 久久欧美精品欧美九久欧美 | 国产成人精品福利站 | 一级片欧美 | 韩国一级特黄毛片大 | 国产a级一级久久毛片 | 日韩美女在线视频 | 中文字幕日本不卡 | 国产福利不卡一区二区三区 | 久久久久久综合一区中文字幕 | 亚洲欧美午夜 | 亚洲男人的天堂在线 | 欧美国产成人在线 | 欧美色网在线 | 一级做a爱过程免费视频时看 | 亚洲一区二区三区首页 | 亚洲国产在 | 亚洲国产精品成人精品软件 | 亚洲精品色综合色在线观看 | 国产一区二区三区高清 | 三级色网站| 免费在线一级毛片 | 免费a级黄毛片 | 中美日韩在线网免费毛片视频 | 久久免费在线观看 | 亚洲国产成人精品一区二区三区 |