久久亚洲国产成人影院-久久亚洲国产的中文-久久亚洲国产高清-久久亚洲国产精品-亚洲图片偷拍自拍-亚洲图色视频

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Africa

Death toll rises to 21 in Kenya hotel attack

Xinhua | Updated: 2019-01-17 06:09
Share
Share - WeChat
A woman was seen crying walking next to media people after getting away from the attack against a Hotel in Nairobi. Explosions and gunfire at the hotel complex, Nairobi, Kenya, 15 Jan 2019. [Photo/IC]

NAIROBI -- The number of people killed when terrorists struck an upscale hotel and business complex in Nairobi on Tuesday has risen to 21 after six more bodies were recovered and one injured police officer died in hospital, the police said on Wednesday night.

Joseph Boinnet, inspector general of National Police Service, said at a press conference that a police officer who was involved in the rescue operations succumbed to injuries in hospital while six more bodies were recovered from the scene following forensic work by security officers.

He said 28 people were admitted to various hospitals in Nairobi and confirmed that five terrorists were "eliminated."

The police chief said the 21 victims killed during the attack include 16 Kenyans, one Briton, one American and three unidentified persons of African descent.

He said subsequent investigations by the Directorate of Criminal Investigation have resulted in the arrest of two key suspects believed to have facilitated the attack and are in custody helping the security officers with investigations.

"We wish to reiterate our appeal to all Kenyans to continue cooperating with the police and security agents in their joint efforts to counter terrorism as well as all forms of crime," Boinnet said.

His remarks came after Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta revealed in an address to the nation on Wednesday morning that 14 civilians had been killed and hundreds rescued in the attack at DusitD2 Hotel complex located on 14 Riverside Drive in the district of Westlands in Nairobi.

The Kenya Red Cross said on its Twitter account on Wednesday evening that 19 people are still unaccounted for following the terror attack.

The organization said that a total of 94 cases of missing persons were reported but 75 have been closed positively as of 8:30 p.m. local time.

Somali terror group al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the attack, saying they killed 47 people inside DusitD2 Hotel, part of a Thai-owned international chain that appeared to be the chief target of the attackers.

The militants issued a statement online on Wednesday evening, saying the Nairobi attack was a response to the "witless remarks" of U.S. President Donald Trump and his declaration of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and to the "systematic prosecution of Muslims in Palestine." Kenya is one of the strongest allies of the United States in Africa.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US
主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线一区二区三区 | 久久riav.com | 日韩 亚洲 制服 欧美 综合 | 国产中文字幕视频在线观看 | 26uuu天天夜夜综合 | 欧美手机手机在线视频一区 | 国产精品国产精品国产三级普 | 日本一级毛片片在线播放 | 亚洲wwww| 免费看裸色 | 国产99久久亚洲综合精品 | 欧美激情免费观看一区 | 国产午夜伦伦伦午夜伦 | 欧美日韩免费一区二区在线观看 | 欧美一级毛片在线播放 | 91大神大战丝袜美女在线观看 | 三级毛片在线播放 | 在线看a级片 | 国产在线观看网址在线视频 | 亚洲经典在线观看 | 午夜三级理论在线观看视频 | 91精品国产91久久久久 | 国产一级爱 | 久久一本色系列综合色 | 欧美成视频无需播放器 | 亚洲国产人成中文幕一级二级 | 国产精自产拍久久久久久 | 亚洲精品国产一区二区三区四区 | 免费视频网站一级人爱视频 | 精品少妇一区二区三区视频 | 欧美国产日韩一区二区三区 | 国产91成人精品亚洲精品 | 国产精品夜色视频一区二区 | 国产成人18 | 中国一级毛片在线观看 | 中文字幕1区| 久久精品免费播放 | 日韩三级视频在线观看 | 亚洲精品高清在线观看 | www.亚洲天堂.com | 私人毛片免费高清影视院丶 |