當前位置: Language Tips> 商務職場> 入職
Let's say you need some special work done. Don't stop with getting approval. If the other person doesn't follow through, you're left looking inept.
比如說你需要完成某些特殊工作,不要因為還未得到批準而停下來不做。因為如果這樣,盡管是別人不配合,你卻已給人留下無能的印象。
14. Learn to translate boss language 學會“翻譯”上司的話
"If it's not too much trouble" means, "Do it, and the sooner the better".
"如果這不是太麻煩的話"的意思是“做吧,而且越快越好”。
15. Learn what other people in the company are doing
了解公司的其他人在做什么
What were last year's big triumphs and failures?
去年公司主要的成功和不足是什么?
How does your job' intertwine with all this?
你在這中間起到什么樣的作用?
Then you'll understand when, how and where to press for your goals.
然后你將明白何時、何地及如何去追求你的目標。
16.Get along with your co-workers 與你的同事和睦相處
Internal battles mean less production. To your boss, if you're involved, you're automatically wrong.
內斗意味著減產。對你的上司來說,如果你卷入內斗就已經錯了。
17.Protect the company's reputation 保護公司的名譽
Never discuss company business and people where strangers can overhear。 Even in private, be reticent.
不要在有陌生人能夠無意中聽到的場合談論公司的事務和人員,即使在私下也不應當說。
18.Let others win sometimes 有時候要讓別人勝出
"Sounds like a good idea. We'll do it that way". If you don't, people will resent you.
"這主意聽起來不錯。我們就這么做吧。"否則人們會討厭你。
19.Learn Timing 學會選擇時機
Develop the patience to wait for an appropriate occasion.
培養你的耐心,等待一個適當時機的到來。
20.Don't Lie 不要撒謊
Lying will make problems worse. If you're caught in a lie, you lose your credibility.
謊言會使問題變得更糟。如果你的謊言被拆穿,你將失去你的誠信。
21.Read your industry's publications 閱讀本行業的書刊
Indicating you haven't the time or money to read will shock your bosses. To them, your lack of interest indicates no real career goals. Or worse, they may think that you are ignorant of important professional news.
假如你聲稱沒有時間或沒錢閱讀本行業的書刊,會讓你的上司感到震驚。對他們來說,你缺乏興趣表明你沒有真正的職業目標。或更糟的是,他們可能會認為你對重要的專業新信息一無所知。
22.Get to know your peers 了解你的同行
Be active in one or more professional/trade organizations. The contacts you make and information you glean aid you on a personal level whenever you change jobs, while improving your current status.
積極參與一個或更多的專業/行業團體。不管你什么時候為改善你現有狀況而跳槽,你建立的聯系和收集的信息都會有助于你提高自身水平。
23.Never assume other people are operating from your standards
永遠不要假設別人在按你的標準做事
When you find yourself thinking"I never would have expected such behaviour from her", you know you've made the mistake of projecting your outlook on to others' behaviour.
當你發現你自己在想“我決不會料到她會有這種行為”時,你要知道,你己經犯了一個錯誤, 就是把自己的想法套在了別人的行為上。
24.Use commonsense運用常識和判斷力
(英語點津 Jennifer 編輯)?
上一篇 : 上司希望你明白的二十四件事 (一)
下一篇 : 教你如何打辦公電話(1)
關注和訂閱